There’s so much to catch up on. Let me give the condensed version…
- Got married (there was a ceremony in 2015 in NY and it was only for my 93 y/o grandma that might not make it to our “actual” ceremony in 2017… or 2018)
- Moved to Portland
- Enjoyed being a housewife for the two months I had it in my grip
- Got a job in a field that actually makes me feel good when I lay my head upon my pillow at night
- Gained 8 lbs in the first three months of living in PDX from overindulging in all the great eats
- Went on a crazy 1200 calorie diet and lost said 8lbs in 9 days
- Got out into nature and saw LOTS of waterfalls …. I’m talking lots
- Learned that PDX is not nearly as cheap as it seemed
- Almost had our home broken into 3 separate times in the first home we rented
- Moved out of said “up and coming neighborhood”
- Only had the second home we lived at almost broken into once… progression, yay.
- Made some new amazing friends
- Held on tightly to the relationships of those who matter the most in my life
- Started volunteering for the best comic book shop in PDX
(Excalibur Comics in NE)
- My wife and family lost a lot of amazing loved ones in a very tragic accident in Dec. of 2015
- Friends and family were diagnosed and continue to fight for their lives battling cancer
- Learned that I cannot control the unknown and so for that I dove deep into cooking
- Cooked lots of amazing and not so amazing meals for my wife and friends
- Became the epicenter of holiday get-to-togethers, birthdays and plain ole board game nights
- Watch history be made as a country literally tuned back the hands of time, elected a man that openly told the world to grab women by the pussies, made fun of a handicap person, urge people to riot and become violent. Worst of all, allowed a scary man that believes conversion therapy CAN heal gays to be his vice president
- Postponed our 2017 till July of 2018 because…
- We bought our first home in January of 2017
- After two days of living there, found out the finished basement was a shotty cover up job and had rip out all the framing and drywall to install a sump pump around the entire interior perimeter of the house
And the list goes on. Yet, here I sit. Alive and well, writing away at the brink of the unknown. What else can you expect from the Elated Sob Story???
There’s no better time than now to start something I always meant to keep up to date with but end up failing after about two posts. Who might read this? Who cares. All I know is that I need to do something with these idle thoughts and hands. Hopefully I can heal the emotional scars that formed and even possibly help someone else in the process? I know these things should usually have a “theme,” but I’m going to just let this naturally happen.
However, for those of you that just need to know what in the hell you might be getting yourself into, I can at least say there might be a slew of photos of my amazing cat, Mr. Bailey Cakes, recipes and food I will make, photos of my environment, photos of my friends and family and plenty of Geek Culture.
Have fun and enjoy, the Elated Sob Story.
I’m so along for the ride if you’ll have me! Love you, Scooby Dooby Dooooooooooooo!!!!